by: J. Saman
Lara finally has everything going for her. Perfect job, great apartment and a boyfriend who loves her. That is, until one night when her past and present collide.
The man who she thought she'd love forever vanished without a trace seven years ago. Suddenly he has returned and is making waves in Lara's life.
Her new boyfriend Tom, is perfect. Smart, sexy and loving with a British accent Lara can't help but love. When Tom asks her for a future in another country, Lara finds she desperately wants it, despite the obstacles that come with that future.
Now Lara has to decide who she wants to move forward with.
The man of her past or the man of her present.
*E-book is received from author in exchange for an honest review*
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤( 4 stars)
Forward is a captivating read, packed with a very interesting love triangle angst and romance that you would love to indulge.
Basically the story is about Lara Gould who is in a relationship with Tom Masters, a charming GQ-handsome and rich British man for almost two years and although everything seems perfect for her she actually can't imagine herself having a future as his wife. Then one day Levi Katz, her ex-boyfriend from seven years ago reenters her life and then she have to deal with him almost daily because he is now a fourth-year student doing rotation at her workplace. Levi is stirring up all the emotions and feelings in Lara and on top of that she also has to decide whether or not she wants to follow Tom moving to England for one year when she loves working at her current place so much. Ultimately she needs to figure out who she really is in love with, whether it is the lovely Tom or the irresistible Levi for her own HEA.
❣ My Opinion❣
In all honesty, I am actually not a big fan of love triangle tropes usually because the person I'm rooting for always lose and left me upset and disappointed but surprisingly, Forward is an exception and I'm delighted that I've read this story.
Initially I kind of think Levi is a bit creepy with him following Lara around and demanding she talked to him but only for a little because I like the idea that he and Lara had a past together. I really am such a sucker for that kind of romance I don't know why.
Anyway, initially I was thinking that Tom is such a wonderful guy and he really is a perfect boyfriend to Lara but as the story gradually shift focus to Levi I've found myself shifting my liking to Levi's character as well. So when the story ended I'm happy that I wasn't feeling upset with the person Lara ends up with. In fact, I am pretty much stoked the way it ended and I feel genuinely happy for the male and female lead characters.
On a side note though, I actually cried when Lana and Tom broke up because break ups are always sad and that scene felt so real but at the same moment, there is also a part of me want to do a happy dance for Levi so I don't know what that makes me :S
(or in other words, Things that I love about the book)
1. I love how Levi understands Lara so well. I am so digging the way he seems to always know what she is feeling. Or even when she is lying lol. I believe that's the way it should if we truly love someone.
2. I am also liking Tom's character although he does not ends up with Lara. He really is a perfect boyfriend aside of him being so busy. He is sweet, caring, gentleman, rich, British, and he buys groceries while he let her girlfriend take a rest. And did I mentioned he is rich and British? :P
3. The ending is sooooo nice! I love it so much. It makes the story feels satisfying and fulfilling.
(or in other words, Things that I can live without from the book)
1. I like Tom's character a lot but there is this scene where I dislike him. It's the scene when Tom is playing with Lara's ring finger when they haven't even got engaged yet. It's rather disturbing and spooky of Tom doing that.
2. I know I said I love the ending so much but I don't really like it when I don't know the mystery of Levi's grandfather. But he is not the main character so no biggie.
So I guess what I'm trying to say is that this book is really worth a read. Its a bit angsty but a good one so it would be perfect for those who loves a good angsty romance with a good looking British and an irresistible future Doctor :)